Sunday, June 23, 2013

The 'bear-able' likeness of being...

Another day of blue skies in Singapore! So I'll get back to posting stuff from my recent holiday.

The Teddy Bear Museum, Jeju (South Korea)

The land tour we selected for Jeju included the Teddy Bear Museum. Ho-hum, I thought; just go along, snap some pics, and look forward to the next more interesting stop on our itinerary. How wrong I was! The exhibits were very creative and delightful. What's below is just a sample:

This is South Korea, so meet Psy's 'bear-able' likeness...



The Thinker: I stink, Therefore I'm bear


  

Mona Lisa... the unbearable lightness of being?



In the beginning...


You'll recognise these historical figures...




And these historical events...



("B Company" -- Bear Company -- storming the beach!)


(Houston, we have landed. And there's a crater-ful of honey up ahead!)

You'll also recognize these famous showbiz folks...





Hey, you two, don't take a pic of me like this. Even a bear needs to wee-wee!



The Xian terracotta bears (note the tourist bear snapping a pic) ...




Finally, here's why teddy bears are so-called...




No comments:

Post a Comment