Sunday, August 2, 2015

'Shooting' for fun/Headlines thrown to the wind...

Now this is very creative!...


On the other hand, a missing punctuation mark makes this sign very ominous!...


Who is Danger? Why must Danger keep out?


Here's further proof that punctuation marks may entirely alter meanings...


So, be precise and unambiguous. Don't throw caution to the wind:

Do I pay 50 cents (plus tax) to throw a rock, or do I get fined 50 cents (plus tax) for every rock I throw? 
________________________________________________

I spotted this local newspaper headline which threw careful proof checks to the wind:


It should read as "Clinton takes WIND out of Jeb Bush's sails..."

What does the headline below mean? That you can cook or groom your dogs at the CCs? Ugh!!


So, did the man marry a headless woman?...


One tongue is definitely not enough!...


Finally, Nick sent me this, from a foreign newspaper:


No comments:

Post a Comment