Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fly united!

My younger daughter Lynn got married today. It was a small cosy function in the Capella hotel on Sentosa, attended by family members and close friends. Together, Lynn and I walked down the steps to the patio, where the groom Michael, his best man and the Justice of the Peace were waiting.

This was the second time I made a wedding speech. My elder daughter Liane got married to Chee Khoon eight years ago. That speech reminded the couple that a man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished!

But I had next told them "finished" should be taken to mean "made complete" -- not the clever play on words in actress Zsa Zsa Gabor's famous quotation.

Part of my speech today (Lynn's wedding) was based on what I had posted yesterday. You can guess what Lynn and Michael do from that posting. I had thought of titling the speech "When Charlie met Viper" but that did not sound right, although those in their vocations will know it is apt -- and a compliment to their professional work and skills.

Everyone present agreed the newly weds are a lovely couple... and, as one airline ad once put it, "Fly United!" Yes! Congrats and all the best, Lynn and Michael, from the happy father of the bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment