Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Never be too cocky for your own good?

My previous two postings, while peppered with some of my wacky comments, spotlighted an issue China's leaders take seriously -- preempting challenges to their rule from the Internet-savvy young and restless, many of whom keenly follow the "change has come/change is coming" events in the Middle East.

The Chinese "old cocks" still hope they can keep outfoxing the "young roosters". I am sure they'll find comfort in the irreverant "story" below:

A farmer had 25 young hens and one old cock. As the old cock was
no longer handling his job efficiently, the farmer bought one young
cock from the market. This was what then happened.

Old cock to Young cock : Welcome, and join me; we will work together
towards productivity.

Young cock : What you mean? As far as I know, you are old and should be
retired.

Old cock : Young boy, there are 25 hens here. Can't I help you
with some?

Young cock : No! Not even one; all of them will be mine.

Old cock : In that case, I shall challenge you to a competition and if I
win, you shall allow me to have one hen and if I lose, you will have all.

Young cock : O.K. What kind of competition?

Old cock : We will run the 50 metres from here to that tree. But due to my age, I
hope you will allow me to start off from the first 10 metres.

Young cock : No problem! We will compete tomorrow morning.

The following morning, the cocky Young cock allows the Old cock to
start off and when the Old cock crosses the 10 metres mark the Young cock
chases him with all his might. Soon enough, he was right behind the Old cock's back
in a matter of seconds.

Suddenly, Bang! ..... before he could overtake the Old cock, he was
shot dead by the farmer, who cursed,"Bloody hell ! This is the fifth GAY
young rooster I've bought this week!"

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE AN OLD COCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment