Friday, September 2, 2011

No cock and bull, for sure!

On my way to Thomson Plaza earlier this week and coming from the city, I looked up to my right along Upper Thomson Road (before Soo Chow, on my left) and saw this:



Seems that it's a karaoke pub. Hmm, I'll start a little collection of quirky F&B places. I now have:

Kampong Chicken Eating House (Tiong Bahru)
See Beh Ho (Bedok Reservoir Road)
Talk Cock Sing Song @ Thomson (Upper Thomson Road)

Those of us who have gone through National Service know well what "to talk cock" means... to banter, which is usually idle chatter, as we NSmen would wont to do while waiting for training to resume. Such down-time might have been due to a "cock-up" (something having gone awry).

Anyway, talkingcock.com has this "explanation" for the term's origin:

http://www.talkingcock.com/html/lexec.php?op=LexLink&lexicon=lexicon&keyword=TALK%20COCK/TALK%20COCK%20SING%20SONG

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my topic is somewhat off-colour today, I found this on xin.msn.com:

http://lifestyle.xin.msn.com/en/sex-relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5212196

It is titled "10 foods that boost your libido". They are:

Oysters (I hate them!)
Honey (okay)
Tomatoes (hated them as a child, but no longer)
Brown rice (also okay, lah)
Avocados (the article says the name of the fruit comes from Aztec for testicles)
Brazil nuts (rich source of selenium, for healthy sperms)
Figs (I love this fruit, whether fresh or dried)
Water melons (nice)
Garlic (wah, it'll leave her breathless, man)
And... vanilla ice-cream!

What, chocolate's not on this list??

No comments:

Post a Comment