Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Grandmas just wanna have fun!

This video is just a warm-up. The title of the clip is "Anti-boredom Campaign -- Funny Grandma Driving" (Caveat: Grandmas out there, please don't try this!)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHeHiCtdH9M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for the main event; a very funny joke:

Grandma Still Drives

Grandma is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car, an open-top convertible. This is a letter she recently penned to a loved one:

Dear Grand-daughter,

The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a "Honk if
you love Jesus" bumper sticker.

I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a
thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting.

So, I purchased the sticker and put it on my car's rear bumper.

Boy, am I glad I did; it was such an uplifting experience thereafter.

You see, I stopped at the red light at a busy intersection, and was just lost in thought
about the Lord and how good he is.

Then, someone honked. The driver behind me must have seen my car's bumper sticker! In fact, I was about to find out that lots of people love Jesus!

The guy behind then started honking like crazy, and he even leaned out of his window and screamed, "For the love of God!"

"Go! Go! Go! Jesus Christ, GO!"

What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus!

Then, everyone started honking!

I just leaned out and started waving and smiling at all those loving people.

I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!

There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him
yelling something about a sunny beach.

I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up
in the air.

I asked my young teenage grandson (your cousin), who was in the back seat, what that meant.

He grinned and said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something.

Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii , so I leaned out and gave him the good luck sign right back.

My grandson burst out laughing.

Why, even he was enjoying this religious experience!!

A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they
got out of their cars and started walking towards me.

I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I
noticed the lights had already changed to green.

So, I waved at all my brothers and sisters, and drove on through the intersection.

I noticed too that I was the only car that got through the intersection before
the lights changed to red again and I felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after
all the love we had shared.

So I slowed the car down, leaned out and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away. Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!!

Will write again soon,

Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment