Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A life of love and laughter...

Eulogies to How Eng, at previous nights' memorial services and at today's funeral, spoke of her selfless giving nature. In that respect, she was very much like my other sister (our late eldest sibling), How Lui. I am reminded of this favourite children's story, The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PaDSZfZFZc

A recent, more contemporary cartoon strip, was clearly inspired by Silverstein's 1964 story -- but with a twist!...


------------------------------------------------------------

How Eng would have enjoyed the cartoon above, because she had a great sense of humour. She was not averse to contributing to the family's collection of risque jokes too, three of which I fondly remember (I had put them on my blog moons ago; here they are, again):

* Q: What's hot and throbbing and between the legs?
A: A motorcycle!

* What has four balls and two nuts?
A: Peter, Paul and Mary (you might not get this joke if you are not a baby boomer).

* What's between the milk bar and the drive-in?
(I think I'll desist from finishing this joke... this is a family-friendly blog! Yeah, right.)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finally, this TODAY article (Jan 22) below seems an apt follow-up to the one I posted yesterday:




     

No comments:

Post a Comment