Friday, January 25, 2013

Cooling Off Day. So how? Go visit a park!

Cooling Off Day (COD) ad

I love this cheeky ad by Daikin, the airconditioning people, in today's ST (Jan 25):


-----------------------------------------------------------

New political party?


Is this the party symbol of a new political party? Perhaps one that's a breakaway from a certain party yet it felt a need to maintain some continuity by keeping the lightning flash? But why the rain clouds? Ah, all will be revealed later. Meanwhile, it was a balmy day today on COD, so I decided to go to a park.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Day-tripping to Bukit Batok Nature Park/Memorial

So I got into my little red Soo-soo Kee Sweet Pork (Suzuki Swift Sport) and headed for the nearby park. On the way there, I was amazed that there was a direction sign for aliens in flying saucers to get there too:


Yup, the sign above says: "Alight from your flying saucer, transform into human form so you blend in, take the overpass, and you are there!"

There was this strange sign at the park itself, which I suppose only Arrowhead aliens (when not disguised as humans) understand:


Anyway, being human, I looked for the "You Are Here" sign:


Actually. there IS a lot of history in this park, which also has a memorial:






 

It was a meaningful sojourn for me today. I had an uncle who died in the Japanese Sook Ching massacre (of course I never met him, as I was not even a concept during the war years).

------------------------------------------------

Finally, the mystery of the two earlier signs...





No comments:

Post a Comment