Saturday, April 16, 2011

There's foreign talent and there're foreign talons

I had fun going through a reporter's story about the Nature Society doing a "parrot count" just to have an idea of how many of these birds -- which include cockatoos, lorikeets and parakeets -- are flying about in the open in urban Singapore.

It seems that, apart from three local species, quite a few species found here are actually from elsewhere, and are likely to have been pet birds that somehow got free and later began to breed.

In tweaking the story's introduction, I decided to call these non-indigenous parrots that now call Singapore home "foreign talons". Clever and original, huh?

I then decided to Google and found an interesting photography community forum that also had the same idea. The forum thread started with someone posting a beautiful picture of a regal-looking hawk, with the heading "Application for Singapore PR". The online banter led to someone else suggesting the bird was a "foreign talon". Great minds think alike. Here is the link:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/159449-Application-for-Singapore-PR

It's been a long day at work for me, so I'll end here today.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete