Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seen a zebra recently? A raised one at that? Wait... it's crossing the road!!

I have been trying for the longest time to tell people why I find the traffic sign below funny, and even mentioned it in my article on literalitis (see my posting on 1 Nov 2010):



Then I recently came across this painting below by an American artist, spotted on the Net. Thank goodness, there's someone else who shares my sense of humour:



From raised zebras crossing the road to... what is possibly the smallest road hump in Singapore, near my home:



Since it's on a footpath, this tiny speed bump must have been put up to stop all those speeding rush-hour pedestrians from walking too fast, and tripping over each other (bum-to-bum traffic?). Or maybe it's to slow down the raised zebra after it has crossed the road?

Meanwhile, someone else claimed, on her blog, to have spotted the smallest roundabout in Singapore:



The picture above was taken at Changi Village, in 2008, so I'm not sure if it is still there. Also, it is technically not a roundabout, but to help vehicles make a U-turn. The blog I referred to is:

http://ivyidaong4.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

1 comment:

  1. The smallest speed hump is probably a cover for electrical cabling

    ReplyDelete