Saturday, October 8, 2011

Going bananas in Oz...

I'm posting here some pics from my Oz trip. First one is of this bunch of bananas...



What's so special about it? Have I gone bananas? Yes, I forgot I was not in Singapore... after the supermart checkout girl had keyed in the transaction, I found I had to fork out A$5.50 for this very ordinary bunch of five bananas (A$1.10 each!).

Next, Oz is a big country, and Aussies are big on many things. So this sign is believable:


They don't just have big bedlinen; they have massive ones. How about this next snapshot, to rival that titilating A&F poster ad on Orchard Road -- if it were to take up as huge a space:



That pic was taken at a factory outlet mall. I bought a shirt there, which has this label on the inside with typically Aussie sense of humour:


 
On the way out of the mall was this sign. Hmmm, with what...



Last one... is this where screwed-up people finally have a ball of a time? I wouldn't know... I merely stood outside to snap the pic:


1 comment:

  1. I once saw a single rambutan priced at Oz 0.99 cents!

    ReplyDelete