Saturday, October 1, 2011

'In case of fire, exit building before tweeting about it'

Gary Hayden has responded, with regard to my summary yesterday of his article in Thursday's Mind Your Body supplement. Here is his much appreciated comment:

"Actually, I didn't mean to imply that the third option is the preferred one. I think that all three responses may have their place -- depending on the circumstances and the individuals involved. The title, 'Insults are Best Ignored', wasn't mine."

Thanks for the clarification, Gary.

It's been a long day (and night) at the office for me, so I'll wrap up with three quirky signs. The first is this "in case of fire" sign that Tom sent me:



This next one was spotted on the cabin ceiling of the cruise ship I was in earlier this year. I guess there must have been passengers who tried to hook clothes hangers onto the sprinkler:



This last one is typical Singlish, from the collection of my son-in-law Mike's sister:


PS: I'm off for a short overseas trip. Will resume blogging next Saturday or Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment