Saturday, October 29, 2011

Now if her name was Olive Oil, she might just be "Extra Virgin"...

Yesterday's posting's last item, about the girl who was tempted by a million-dollar carrot to sleep with a stranger, was just a fictional joke. I wonder, though, if it was the inspiration for the movie "Indecent Proposal".

But truth is sometimes weirder than fiction, as seen in this news item found in The New Paper (29 Oct):

A 23-year-old Italian socialite, Raffaella Fico, who has been reported to have attended Prime Minister Silvio Bellusconi's infamous wild parties and who has dated famous soccer players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Balotelli, claims she is a virgin.

Not only that, the once-upon-a-time contestant in the Italian version of TV reality show Big Brother, now wants to auction off her virginity for a million euros (about S$1.75 million).

Here's her reason: "I am putting up for auction my virginity... to see if someone will pay that amount to have me. I can't wait to see who's going to pull out the money to have me. If I don't like him, I'll just have a glass of wine and forget about it."

Her offer sparked a mini-controversy. The Vatican was among the strongest opponents of her money-making scheme [Hey, girl, be careful of upsetting the Vatican... remember Galileo who was forced to recant his support for Copernicus' theory that the Earth revolves around the Sun, not the other way around?].

Critics branded Ms Fico's idea "extremely high-priced prostitution" [Hey, critics, read that last joke in my blog... what's the difference?].

Her brother even had to step in to vouch for his sister's purity. He said: "She's never had a boyfriend. I swear on my mother's grave. She's a devout Catholic and prays every night."

The media buzz surrounding Ms Fico apparently fizzled when she turned down an offer of 972,000 euros [that cheapo!!], which led to critics to slam the auction as a cheap publicity stunt [Duh].

What's next? Ms Fico isn't done with attention-seeking. She has not ruled out a TV programme charting her "first" experience of sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment