Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just another spotty day (spotted this, spotted that)...

Houdini jailed
for throwing
things at taxi

Now that would have made a head-turning headline!

And it would have been technically "accurate" since the story in today's ST (30 Nov) was about this man named Houdini who took things into his own hands (literally) when he got into an angry exchange of words with a cabby. But using that name would be journalistically inappropriate, since he was not the famous Houdini, who is dead anyway. So, ST used a pedestrian headline, correctly so, of course:


Still on throwing things, this National Environment Agency ad below is not about to use the softly-softly reverse psychology "thank you for not littering" approach. No sir, cringe, you wicked litterbug or she'll squash you!...

 
Then, when I got to my bus-stop, this poster there milked my curiosity:



Aiyoh, have they run out of cows? Or, in the case of what's offered by this logo below, I wonder how these "nuts" taste like:


And the fruit juice ad below, like the one earlier about "45% raisins in raisin buns", stumped me:



I mean, if I'm buying a carton of fruit juice, I'd expect it to be 100% fruit juice. It may have other ingredients but surely it's a no-brainer that the juice portion has to be 100% fruit juice?

But there are very good ads that effectively play on words. Here are two bottle shop names that seem to have the same idea. The first is local, and the second is Australian:


Here's cheers to their creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment