Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fido and Freddy... guess who got the job as food taster?

No, I've not gone bananas so I won't harp on that "evergreen" topic (but, yes, they're still ever so green).

I'm into clever and/or cheeky ads today. These first three ads below have a local context, playing on recent or past incidents, so I'm not sure if non-Singaporeans will appreciate the humour in them...


Remember the NParks/Brompton foldable bikes brouhaha? Someone at stjobs.sg must have had fun coming up with this idea. Likewise, the job portal's dig at recent key changes at our national table tennis contingent:


I believe this Ikea ad below was inspired by the woman who was very upset and cried foul after a school teacher snipped off her son's very expensively coiffured hair (he had breached the school's rule). She felt the teacher's amateur tonsorial handiwork was so bad she took her son to the expensive hair salon again...


I've found past Scoot ads cheeky and clever. This one lived up to my expectations:


Back to stjobs.sg. I'm including this ad because I had read somewhere that humans are actually employed to taste dog food (boy, we've really gone to the dogs)!...


I did an online check and, indeed, I was right. I also found this story below that listed 10 weird jobs:

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/10/19/ten-weird-and-wonderful-jobs-that-really-do-exist/

Ten weird and wonderful jobs that really do exist

Have fun reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment