Saturday, July 27, 2013

Be careful how and when you text those words...

Our Canadian friends Ken and Susan sent this recently:
I LOVE YOU, SWEETHEART

A group of women were at a seminar on "How to live in a loving relationship with your husband". The women were asked, "How many of you love your husband?" All the women raised their hands.

Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?" Some women answered today, some yesterday, some couldn't remember.

The women were then told to take out their cell phones and text their husband: "I love you, sweetheart." The women were then told to exchange phones with the person next to them and to read aloud the text message responses.

Here are some of the replies:
1. Who is this?
2. Eh, mother of my children, are you sick?
3. I love you too.
4. What now? Did you crash the car again?
5. I don't understand what you mean?
6. What did you do now?
7. ???
8. Don't beat around the bush, just tell me how much you need?
9. Am I dreaming?
10. If you don't tell me who this message is actually for, someone will die.
11. I thought we agreed we would not drink during the day.
12. Your mother is coming to stay, isn't she?
------------------------------------------

And from an old email, I found this:

Romantic SMS
   She sends the following message:
My love if you're sleeping, send me your dreams
If you're smiling, send me your smile
If you're crying, send me your tears
I love you
He replies: I'm in the toilet. What do I send?

--------------------------------------------

To end on a more romantic note, here's a song first released in 1949, before I was born -- Johnny Tillotson's (1962) "Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU2CL0urEyo
    

No comments:

Post a Comment