Thursday, July 18, 2013

Titillating one's palate...

I asked some people how they fared on that Lifespan Calculator tool. Turns out most could live up to late 80s/early 90s. At a putative 86, I'm on the wrong side! But, heck, that's still a long way off and I must live for the here and now. So, I had char kway teow for lunch. And after that, Sex on the Beach...


And, oh, wow, it was better than...

I was at the Grandstand (the old Turf City) and was delighted to find a Seventh Heaven outlet there:


That's when I spotted the Sex on the Beach ice-cream. The bubbly server, Melissa, said it had passion fruit and peach liqueur and was inspired by the cocktail drink:

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink583.html

It seems I was the third person today (Thursday) to have asked Melissa for Sex on the Beach. My interest aroused, I probed further and was told other people had been similarly piqued by the alluring choice of name and, like me, had a sampling first. The passion fruit essence did give a pleasant sensation to the palate, as did the liqueur although I could not tell if it was peach-based. But I was hooked and asked for a single scoop on a cone. I got more than I bargained for -- Melissa very generously heaped more than that on that little cone.

Ah, such sweet pleasure! After all...


And I needed my just desserts...


--------------------------------------------------------------

Still on food and what it does to one's senses, I had pumpkin soup the other night at Raffles City:


Piping hot when it came, it smelled good.

I later found, online, that pumpkin has an interesting property -- when it is made into pumpkin pie:


Pumpkin pie smell stimulates arousal in men; scent is sexy aphrodisiac, says study

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/pumpkin-pie-smell-stimulates-arousal-men-scent-sexy-aphrodisiac-study-article-1.451682

Not to worry... in the same cluster of eateries at the Grandstand is a Pies and Coffee outlet. So next time I'm there, it'll be char kway teow, pumpkin pie and Sex on the Beach! Seventh heaven, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment