Sunday, July 8, 2012

By the Rivers of Babylon...

Today is one day after the capsulotomy on my left eye. I think I need to check with the eye doctor tomorrow (Monday) about some patches of fuzzy vision that cropped up, then disappeared, then reappeared later at night.

----------------------------------------

I have always enjoyed "Rivers of Babylon" by Boney M. Together with my wife and father-in-law, I had seen them perform in Singapore in 1979.

But it took a Scripture reading for me to really appreciate Psalm 137, which gives a powerful insight into what it is like "living (captive) in a strange land". Having just come home to my own micro-sized sovereign country -- albeit after only a short vacation (and of my own free will) -- I can appreciate that.

Here's the Boney M song, Rivers of Babylon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm1g8FFRArc

No comments:

Post a Comment