Thursday, July 26, 2012

The long and short of secure passwords...

Someone shared this joke today...

During a recent password audit of a major corporation, one employee stood out -- for having the longest password in the entire office. This was the password:
MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento

When asked about it, the staff member said, "Hey, that was the instruction given to us... a secure password needs to be at least 8 characters long and include at least one capital."
______________________

Then there's this one...
Computer: Please type in a new password
Smart aleck alpha male: mypenis
Computer: Sorry, it's not long enough.
______________________

Or this one...
Goondu: I've found the best password. This one I don't even need to remember!
Gong Kia: Wah, so clever. What is it?
Goondu: "Invalid"!
Gong Kia: How so?
Goondu: Every time I forget my password, I just anyhow enter something. Then the computer will tell me, "Your password is invalid".
[Think about it... there's reason in madness. How do you fault the logic above?]
_________________________ 

One last one, funny, but also a serious reminder about having a secure password...
______________________________________________

Finally, more on the amazing things that happen on our public transport...

2 comments:

  1. I ROTFLMAO (Rolling On The Floor Lauging My Ass Off) until seow at the first joke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the original was a "dumb blonde" joke. But now that my condo has so many golden retrievers, I've decided to "scrub" such jokes I come across, hehe.

      Delete