Tuesday, April 16, 2013

About dollars and sense...

I know nuts about investing in stocks and shares, so I'm still trying to figure out this...



I'm also amazed that it's so easy to make millions in property with NO CASH...



... and it's "under-ground" information that you'll be privy to. Wow (I'm underwhelmed, hence the "wow" word here is not in caps).

--------------------------------------------------------

But I guess the really smart money is still with the bankers...






But it leaves me wondering... I put my money in the banks, which clearly are profitable enough to pay their CEOs such lip-smacking remuneration, but why am I getting so little in interest rate returns -- which are way, way, below the inflation figures?

Put another way, aren't we the ordinary people who deposit our money in the banks the "golden goose", not the banks' shareholders? What if we all decided we will no longer put our money in the banks since it gets eroded by inflation if the interest rate is below the inflation rate? Why cannot banks embrace "corporate social responsibility" in which fair profits are made but fair returns are generated? Don't give me all that bullshit about risk-taking! The fact that their CEOs are among the best paid CEOs is a starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment