Sunday, August 19, 2012

3 things revealed!

Wow, even toddlers are stressed these days and in need of kicking ass (from being swamped by tuition classes at their playschool level?) ...


Some statistics don't lie. It's true 1 in 5 people have dropped a cellphone down the loo, says someone I know, who did! (genuine undoctored picture below)...


I was wrong, someone else told me! "Sar kar" (sah-kah) is not a busybody... such a person is a bootlicker, or more crudely, a "balls carrier"...


Here's how the Coxford Singlish Dictionary explained it:

SAH-KAH

Hokkien term literally meaning "three legs". Meaning sycophancy or buttering someone up, the phrase comes from a rude hand action whereby three fingers are held up to denote supporting someone's genitalia.

"If you don't sah-kah the boss, you won't get your bonus."

http://www.talkingcock.com/html/lexec.php?op=LexLink&lexicon=lexicon&keyword=Sah Kah&page=1

Three-fingered footnote: I tried a combination of three fingers but I just could not mimic the gesture of someone "supporting someone's genitalia". Guess I'm just not cut out to be a sah-kah.

No comments:

Post a Comment