Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Haw Par Villa's take on filial piety, its 10 Courts of Hell, and its other strange dioramas...

I thought I would blog on something non-quirky and straitforward nostalgic today, like another remembrance trip into my growing up years, and stuff like the first time my parents took li'l toddler me to the Haw Par Villa Hell theme park in Pasir Panjang.

Funnily, I don't remember much about that first visit, or any later ones, apart from some vague recollection about gory stuff my childhood eyes had seen. I don't even recall if I had taken Liane and Lynn to that theme park when they were little. Even funnier (in the funny-peculiar sense), people have of late been calling Haw Par Villa a historical landmark and even clamouring for its restoration...



Well, American humour website Cracked.com has come up with a list of "5 Theme Parks Where Childhood Goes to Die", complete with really gross pictures. Har Par Villa is listed as No 1, ie, the grossest. So, with that caveat in mind -- DON'T SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU -- here's the link:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19959_5-theme-parks-where-childhood-goes-to-die.html

No, I won't say, "Enjoy!" for this one. But it did bring back flashbacks of what I had seen soooooo long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment