Monday, August 27, 2012

Why I'm not passing the salt and pepper; and why this man wrestles while he works!

Two personally interesting things (ie, interesting to me) happened today. I had decided to lunch "sinfully" at Beauty World hawker food centre. I had char kway teow, and since I don't eat "see hum" (cockles), lup cheong (chinese sausage) was substituted. Yum.

The first interesting thing happened when I went down to the barber at the basement level. As my shorn hair fell onto the cloth sheet wrap, I realised those discarded locks were "salt and pepper" in colour, and had that curled pattern... just like the fur of my mini schnauzer, Killer:


So it's true... what they say about dogs and their owners starting to look alike!

Next, as I passed this Korean butchery (K&J) at the Goh & Goh Building nearby, a sign inside caught my eye. So I went in and the big-sized fellow at the meat counter -- the owner/butcher himself -- obliged me by posing with the sign:


Yes, James is his name and he is a South Korean living here. He took one look at skinny me and knew I was not inside his shop to take up the challenge (his wrestling sessions are on Wednesdays, anyway).

Were there any takers this month? No, he said, he had just come back from a home vacation. But there were 10 challengers last month (July). They had all lost to him.

As I thanked him on my way out, the ex-pro wrestler added, "I have never been beaten!"

No comments:

Post a Comment