Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hey, thanks y'all, for sending me stuff!

Today is Contributors' Day, ie, the stuff here are mostly from people who sent items to me or have alerted me to items they know I would want to put on my  blog.

Nick knows I keep tabs on "...walked into a bar" jokes. He sent me this one recently:

The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.

He also sent me this link to more "Lost in Translation" photos:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nataliemorin/chinese-signs-that-got-seriously-lost-in-tranlsation

From this same buzzfeed.com link is a short video featuring some of the obsolete words I had earlier posted under the "Englishables" header:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/video/jerrysoda/obsolete-words-we-should-bring-back

Meanwhile, KA snapped a pic of this bizarre scene:


And I don't suppose it has anything to do with this Facebook meme which Angie alerted me to:


 KA seems to be often in the right place at the right time for strange sightings, like this one...


 So, if life gives you lemons, send them to this laundry! Or, you can follow this wise bit of advice...


CC always has a wry sense of humour. He sent this pic below, supposedly of a no-parking/no-waiting zone somewhere in don't-mess-around-with-the-rules Britain. Don't miss the red-circled area (on the left-hand side)...


Still on the somewhat macabre subject of bodies left in limbo, there is this strange headline I spotted:


Lynn and Mike were at VivoCity and took these two pics:




 What's so interesting about these pics? One shows a collection of very expensive watches and the other shows a group of people gawking at a brand-new car on display. OK, I'll zoom in on the top right-hand corner of the car's windscreen...


 It seems that some of the watches on display cost more than the car!

Finally, I can't recall who sent these two pics but they are funny...



No comments:

Post a Comment