Wednesday, August 28, 2013

To all the taxi drivers I've encountered...

Today's blog entry is dedicated to our taxi drivers, some of whom drive us up the wall. Most, however, do a yeoman's service, and I salute them.

First, some taxi jokes:

Hotel guest: Hey, man! Please call me a taxi.
Hotel staff: Yes, sir, I'm happy to oblige. You are a taxi.

Wife: "If I hear another word from you I'm leaving and going to live with my mother!" Husband: "Taxi!"

While out cruising, the taxi driver misjudged a curve and drove his cab into the wall dividing the houses of a Mr. and Mrs. Smith and a Mr. and Mrs. Ball.
Thankfully, he was pulled out by the Smiths.

A man hires a taxi to take him to the Magistrates' Court. In front of the building the taxi driver asks, "What are you here for?"
"My bankruptcy trial," says the passenger, "you might as well come inside too."

A guy in a taxi wanted to speak to the driver so he leaned forward and tapped him on the shoulder. The driver screamed, jumped up in the air and yanked the wheel over. The car mounted the curb, demolished a lamppost and came to a stop inches from a shop window. The startled passenger said "I didn't mean to frighten you, just wanted to ask you something." Taxi driver says "Not your fault Sir. It's my first day as a cab driver, I've been driving a hearse for the past 25 years".

---------------------------------------------------------

And, now, this local (true) taxi story:


Tales from a taxi driver: The strange people I meet



No comments:

Post a Comment