Thursday, August 22, 2013

My dream car...

The COE price for "small cars" -- ie, 1600cc and below -- is going through the roof! And even though that for "big cars" has actually come down somewhat, it is still a crazy sum to pay for the piece of "entitlement" paper, not the car itself. This is the latest set of numbers:


I believe Singapore is probably the only country where you see headlines like this one:


And statistics like these ones:


Having felt a sudden compulsion to keep up with the nouveau riche, I went shopping today and got this cute little yellow Suzie:




And it does not need a COE! Still, it's not as stylo-milo as this Aston Martin DB5 supercar that Lynn and Mike got me earlier. It even has flashing lights and hidden machine guns that pop out to fire away, rat-a-tat-tat. It too does not need a COE...





--------------------------------------------------------------------

But, seriously, I'm still happy with my real little Suzie, which of course needed a COE (which cost less than $30,000 at the time I bought my car):


And while many enthusiasts would drool over a real DB5, the classic car I would really wish to own is this one -- a Volvo P1800:


Ah well, I can only dream on.

-----------------------------------------------------

Finally, watch this really great "Father's Day" ad (note: F-Day is celebrated on Sept 1 in Australia this year)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQZoYCF6FU

No comments:

Post a Comment