Thursday, May 30, 2013

You'll Never Walk Alone...

You'll Never Walk Alone

No, I am NOT a Liverpool fan but I am an Elvis fan. And I found the King's cover version of "You'll Never Walk Alone" quite inspiring. It seems to go nicely with this pic that came with a photo editing app:


Here's Elvis' cover song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPoS5ST6hXk

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a couple of posters for moments when one needs cheering:



----------------------------------------------------------

This "creation" of mine nearly never saw the light of day:


I had edited a story on how the future of Singapore's food hawker trade seems bleak unless more people could be persuaded to become food hawkers prepared to toil long hours yet sell their fare at "cheap" prices. It seemed a Catch-22 unless some mindset-breaking steps were taken. To go with the reporter's story, I wrote what we call a "standfirst" above the headline:


What you see here is -- intact -- the pun I had intended... It's a "wok" in progress.

But the sub-editor had thought I made a typo mistake and changed it to... It's a work in progress.

I was actually about to turn off my computer and go home. But I made a last-minute check and, as we say in Hokkien -- Heng, Ah! -- I was able to rectufy matters. Still, what appeared in print had the addition of the quote marks, which I thought were unnecessary (ie, mine was It's a wok in progress).

--------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I am putting up here without comment a letter by the Japanese embassy:



No comments:

Post a Comment