Sunday, October 28, 2012

From seeing "red" to seeing a green, lush virgin forest...

I posted this newspaper blurb yesterday as I was intrigued by it. She must be an unusual mother, I thought. I also wondered: Did the mother send her son to the red light district (ie without her being there) or did she take him there under her protective wings? See this helpful link below on how to use verbs like "send" and "take"":

http://www.speaklikeastar.com/2008/10/english-language-take-bring-send-follow.html

So naturally I got myself a copy of The New Paper on Sunday. It turned out she did go along (ie, take him there, even if she then hid herself):


Smart mom! She even had a Plan B to "extract" her son from the clutches of all those horny women surrounding him. Later in the story, we are told she wanted to put a condom into his school bag when the 15-year-old started dating. This was what he then said, as recounted by her:

"He protested vehemently, saying I would get him into trouble when the discipline mistress did her routine spot checks and that he would die of embarrassment."

Smart lad! All in, a good Sunday read.

--------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Down Under (and I mean Australia), there's this young Brazilian woman who decided to do her own "social experiment":


I like that part about the man who wanted to auction his virginity. He fetched only US$3,000 -- and it was a Brazilian woman who made that offer. Hmmm, what's with Brazil?

There's also this old joke that goes something like this:

Man: Will you let me make love to you for a million dollars?
Woman: A million! Let me think about it... Okay!
Man: Will you let me do it for ten bucks?
Woman: What!! What do you think I am, a prostitute?
Man: We have established that already. We are now negotiating the price.

----------------------------------------------------

Still on virginity, I wonder why is olive oil graded according to how "virgin" it is:


"Extra" virgin?

And what is a virgin peak?...


It reminds me of this definition: A virgin forest is one where the hand of man has never been.

Don't get funny ideas. Here's a virgin forest (as found in Google Images):

No comments:

Post a Comment