Thursday, November 14, 2013

Some stuff 'ad' up, some stuff don't...

Just a few more observations about pricing to catch eyeballs, Singapore-style:

There are of course lots of "99" pricing, like elsewhere...


But, Singapore being an ethnic Chinese-majority consumer market, the marketeers are aware that the Chinese associate the number "8" with luck. So, the more "8s" in the pricing, the better!...



Banks "cash in" as well to pull in customers...


And, oh yes, Singaporeans hate to carry one-cent coins with them (I used to put mine in a shaker container for use when the dogs -- while puppies -- needed to be "disciplined" for barking too incessantly). Hence there is still the seductive "9" in the price but there is also a rounding off...

 
________________________________________

Moving on, there were some intriguing ads in today's newspapers (and one from yesterday):

Joint Travolta?



Hair problem? Just add caffeine shampoo?...


Apparently, hair issues are men's "second largest problem"...


...which begged the question: What is our "biggest" problem (I'm a guy and I don't know)? Eagerly, I looked for the answer in the double asterisk follow-up:


No luck! The caffeine claim is actually quite interesting:


What if I "overdose" on the shampoo, especially if I use it at night? Will my hair stay awake while the rest of me is asleep? Something like this?...


And can't I just brew myself a cuppa and douse my hair with it during my shower? Questions, questions.

Pure fabrication?

There was this ad advertising a sale:


Okay, this boxed highlight above looks good. But what about this one below...


... just all yarn? You're pulling the wool over me, right?

What is this movie 'teaser' ad suggesting?



A Napoleonic pose?

Finally, the model in this ad (from yesterday) seems to be striking a strange pose (or did she just needed to scratch?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment