Sunday, November 3, 2013

What did the horse say? (No, it's not 'neigh')...

Next... 'unsalted butt'?

There's this supermarket chain that keeps coming up with strange product display signs. Some time back, it put up a sign for young coconuts with the word "coconuts" abbreviated. If correctly done, the sign should have said "Young c'nuts". Unfortunately, not only was the apostrophe missing in the actual sign, the abbreviated word was "c*nts"!

More recently, KA -- who also has two dogs, like me -- spotted this sign at an outlet of the same supermarket:


So what will this supermarket come up with next? "Unsalted butt" instead of "Unsalted butter"?

KA (he's very sharp-eyed) also snapped this pic:


Then there's this major shopping mall with copies of this big poster pasted on all the floors...


...Why on the floor? Granted, it's not a real surveillance camera pointing upwards, but if I were a woman, I'll find it weird to have to walk across one of these posters.

I'm adding this next one to my "Keep Calm" collection (thanks, Liane):


Liane also took this pic:


It gives me an excuse to wrap up with these wife-themed jokes:

Backseat driving

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband.

Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. 'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the! Salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!'

The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you?You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs??'

The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

What did the horse say?

    A guy was sitting quietly reading his paper when his wife walked up behind him and whacked him on the head with a magazine. 
'What was that for?' he asked. 
'That was for the piece of paper in your trouser pocket with the name
Laura Lou written on it,' she replied. 
'Two weeks ago when I went to the races, Laura Lou was the name
of one of the horses I bet on,' he explained. 
'Oh darling, I'm sorry,' she said. 'I should have known there was a
good explanation.'
Three days later he was watching TV when she walked up and hit him
on the head again, this time with a frying pan, which knocked him out cold. 
When he came to, he asked, 'What was that for?' 
'Your horse phoned.'

No comments:

Post a Comment