Monday, October 7, 2013

Wanted: Fast talkers as our future leaders?

I could not believe my eyes when I saw this NUS ad today:



NUS' Business School wants to woo the fast talkers? I checked three online dictionaries:





None of them described fast talking/fast talk/fast talker in an ethically/morally positive light!
________________________________________________________

This gaffe in TODAY (Oct 7) may be harder for some to spot:


I'll leave it as a teaser, and give the answer tomorrow.
__________________________________________________

This ST headline (several days back) has achieved the hitherto impossible!...


Wow! What the headline writer meant of course was "Pick a high chair that baby can grow up with". If that's too long for the space given, recast the headline.
__________________________________________________

This shoe ad also puzzled me:


Um, doesn't this shop sell shoes in pairs? This other shoe ad makes that very clear:


Happily, there are creative copy writers out there who get a sugar rush in figuring out how to pitch it when there are 5,000 pairs of shoes up for sale:


No comments:

Post a Comment