Thursday, April 17, 2014

3 things...

Our dear friend Joy from Canberra sent us an Easter card. She included this lovely poem by existentialist philosopher Soren Kierkegaard:


______________________________________________________________

I'm still undecided if I should be called Gramps. Perhaps by way of helping me mull over it, Liane sent this:


_________________________________________________________

And newborn babies, it seems, respond agreeably to certain visual and audio stimuli. So, I suppose, if that baby is bawling away, just show him or her this video clip:

http://vimeo.com/8959370

It worked for me anyway. I felt all warm fuzzy after watching the 2 min 53 sec clip.

Actually, there has been research on visual stimulation for babies, especially on how it plays a part in newborns' brain development. Here's one link that Angie sent me:

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/parenting/child-rearing-and-development/bright-starts-babys-development-through-interactive-play/playtime-articles/visual-stimulation-newborns

No comments:

Post a Comment