Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Er, what is a funambulus?

Have you heard of the name Blondin? I came across his name recently. He was an amazing funambulus (a tightrope walker). Enjoy this animated video below (note: if a pause occurs after 0.04sec, don't worry; the video will resume after some moments):

The story of Blondin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-yrfmqmGc

If you are still sceptical about Blondin's remarkable exploits, read this write-up from Britain's Victoria and Albert Museum:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/c/blondin/

[Note, however, that there was no evidence that Blondin carried his mother across the Niagara, let alone in a wheelbarrow (as presented in the video above). That said, he was still a remarkable man.]

___________________________________________________

This was what I saw when I walked into my bathroom this afternoon:


This Angry Bird was not at its perch but was in the wash basin! Hmmm, maybe it had a tiff with the other Angry Bird in the bathroom...

 
_____________________________________________________

To wrap up, here are some more twisted nursery rhymes...

Baba black sheep, have you any wool?
Of course I have you silly old fool!
If I hadn't I'd like to know...
What this is from head to toe?



Twinkle, twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

Twinkle twinkle little star,
Now I know what you are.
A piece of discarded rocket case...
A floating scrap yard, in outer space.



Hickory, dickory, dock.
Some mice run up a clock.
The clock struck one...
The rest did run
(Now, wasn't that fun?).



Mary had a little lamb
It ran into a pylon.
10,000 volts went up its arse
And turned its wool to nylon.

No comments:

Post a Comment