Thursday, July 10, 2014

A box of sentimentality...

I opened a box that had lain forgotten all these years. I was happily surprised to find these sentimental pieces of memorabilia:


This item above is what in the old "hot metal typesetting" days of the newspaper production process we call a "slug" -- made in a Ludlow machine. This machine set the headlines, which are much bigger in "point size" than text. What you see above is my name (set backwards, of course, so it will appear in the correct order on newsprint).

I also discovered two unusual cameras I had decided to keep even though they are no longer in working order:



A compact Minolta SLR camera! This other compact "spy" camera, a 16QT F3.5, shown below with a box of 16mm film which I had retained, is also a Minolta:




From the guarantee card which I had kept, I am reminded that I had bought it in 1974...



I also found my school badges among other badges and small items I had kept -- in an unusual looking box...




Then there were these two badges which I had kept separately...


There was also this commemorative souvenir set...



...and this cigarette box from a long time ago, I am sure:



Finally, two belts from my national service days!...



________________________________________________________________

Postscript: I will not be blogging for about two weeks as I will be taking a holiday trip with Angie to one of the two countries which had or have the name "Singapore" for one of its towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment