Monday, July 7, 2014

Do you know your Singapore? Ah, but which one?

I decided to join nationalgeographic.com and had to fill in some details on its website.

No problem, until I got to "Where am I located?" The entry field was "city, state, country". When I started to type "Singapore", this appeared:

onthesannyside.blogspot.com

Yes, I knew there once was a Singapore in Michigan and I had blogged about it. But I did not know that there was a Singapore in Limpopo province, South Africa! This map below -- the best I could find online -- gives an idea of where Limpopo province is (ignore the arrow pointing to some other place):


There is of course the well-known Limpopo River...


Hey, come to think of it, doesn't Limpopo sound Chinese :-)

This website below gives just a sliver of information on Singapore, Limpopo...

http://travelingluck.com/Africa/South%20Africa/Limpopo/_955514_Singapore.html

Anyone for a holiday safari to Singapore, Limpopo?

___________________________________________________

Postscript: Back to that nationalgeographic.com site. I tried several times to hit the CONFIRM button after I had proudly typed in "Singapore, None, Singapore". But I kept getting an error message. In the end, I typed in "Singapore (historical), Michigan, United States." I got through and was registered. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment